Going for a day out only in Amsterdam or staying for a few days in this beautiful city? Then a day ticket or multi-day ticket is the best choice. Easy to buy your Public Transport Amsterdam day ticket upfront.
One to seven days
The card is there for 1 to 7 days. For children 4 to 11 years there is the very economical children’s day ticket.
The GVB day or multi-day tickets allows you to travel at the hours of your own convenience without any limitation throughout Amsterdam, day and night, on the bus, tram, and metro. The day ticket is valid for 24 hours after you first check in.
Note: these tickets are only valid in GVB metros, trams, and buses. Thus, these are not valid in the regional buses of Connexxion and EBS or on the train.
The child day ticket is only available as a paper chip ticket. The 1 to 7 day tickets are available as paper chip tickets, but can also be purchased as a travel product on the anonymous– or personal OV-chipkaart.
Price & sales locations
De Day tickets Amsterdam costs: € 8,00 to € 36,50
- Here at the webshop: 1 through 7 day tickets (prefer)
- Ticket vending machines in metro stations: 1 through 4 day ticket (no child ticket)
In addition to GVB sales points, the day ticket and sometimes the multi-day variants are sold at some hotels, campsites and other institutions, at tourist information centers in Amsterdam and GWK branches in Amsterdam and at Schiphol.
How to use the Amsterdam day ticket
The Amsterdam day Ticket is valid for 1 – 7 day’s. Using your Amsterdam Day Ticket is easy:
- Tickets are valid for 24 – 168 hours (1 – 7 days). Your ticket is activated the first time you check in on a tram, bus or metro.
- You must check in and out with your card every time you enter and exit one of the vehicles.
- Tickets are valid on all metro, tram and bus lines operated by GVB, including night buses.
- Tickets are NOT valid on NS trains or bus lines in Lelystad.
- If you have additional questions or your ticket appears to be defective, you can go to one of the sales locations listed above for assistance.