Famous Hotspots Rotterdam
Market Hall Rotterdam
Covered market First of all, the Market Hall is a residential and office building with [...]
First Art Hall Kunsthal Rotterdam, opened in 1992, is an exhibition space in Rotterdam. It [...]
Steam Ship The ss Rotterdam is one of the most famous post-war Dutch passenger ships. [...]
Harbour Tour – Rotterdam
You can book all different kinds of harbour tours and they will give you a [...]
Kinderdijk – Dutch Mill Beauty
19 Windmills Kinderdijk (Dutch for “Children dike”) is a small village in the province of [...]
Blijdorp Zoo Rotterdam
The Zoo of Rotterdam Blijdorp is a neighborhood in the north of Rotterdam and is [...]
Archeon – Roman Museum
Museumpark Archeon is an open air museum in the south of Alphen aan den Rijn [...]
Public Transport Rotterdam
Travelling within Rotterdam by public transport is straight forward and convenient. The extensive network is operated by public transport company RET and connects all different parts of the city by tram, metro, buses and ferry. If you are visiting Rotterdam, the public transport system is the most convenient way to travel within the city.
Rotterdam day tickets
Depending on your travel plans and the duration of your stay, there are a number of different public transport passes that are especially valuable for visitors:
- RET 2-Hours ticket: Two hours of free travelling trough Rotterdam for € 4,00. Only valid on trams, buses and metros operated by RET in Rotterdam.
- RET day tickets: One day of free travelling trough Rotterdam for € 9,00. Only valid on trams, buses and metros operated by RET in Rotterdam.
- Rotterdam-The Hague “Tourist day Ticket”: One day free travelling throughout the “Zuid-Holland” region with RET, HTM, ARRIVA and Connexxion for € 14,50.
- Rotterdam Welcome Card: This card will give you 1-2-3- days free transport with the local PTO: RET and 25-50% reduction on entrance fees of more than 50 attractions, museums, restaurants and nightlife of Rotterdam. Prices for the 1-2-3-days Rotterdam Welcome Cards are respective: € 12, € 18 and € 23
- Rotterdam 2-hour Transport ticket - RET € 4,50
- Rotterdam Day Ticket € 9,50
- Tourist Day Ticket - Rotterdam - The Hague € 15,50
- Rotterdam Welcome Card € 15,50 – € 25,50
From Schiphol to Rotterdam with Flixbus
If you are arriving on Schiphol and planning to visit and stay in Rotterdam, then getting a ticket to Rotterdam can be pricy. There are in general no tickets from the airport to Rotterdam. But if you want to save your self a headache, we highly recommend going with the Flixbus.
Public transport chip card
When you are staying in Rotterdam for more than 7 days it might be beneficial to buy a public transport chip card (ov chipkaart) instead of day tickets. With the public transport chipcard you only pay for the distance you actually travel, with a one way ticket you pay for the whole trip.
The public transport chip card is a card that lets you travel on credit. Travelling with a public transport chip card is very handy because it allows you to travel with all the carriers including the NS (Dutch railway). Customers can buy this card in our webshop for € 7,50. Customers can also load the card with credit before you arrive in Rotterdam.
Buy your Public Transport Chip Card »
Helpful apps and sites for planning your journey
Before seeing the sights, you may wish to consult the RET website to help you find the quickest and most convenient way to get from A to B. In addition, there are a number of excellent apps available to help you find your way around the city.